Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Removing Hair Extensions!!?

OK i searched yahoo for an answer i tried baby oil, tried conditioner, tried 2 bond removers from Sallys but NOTHING works i really want to take them out i have no idea what kind of bond the hair stylist used it was a gold stick i think it was US style something on the bag any suggestions!! i dunt wanna pay $200 it was a bad idea in the first to get these damn things beware every girl dont get dem!!Removing Hair Extensions!!?
ok first off, don’t panic! If you panic, you may begin ripping out the extensions and taking your natural hair with it…believe me ive seen it! I am a stylist, and extensions are wonderful, you just have to know how to take care of them. Here is the trick…and I guarantee it works for all hair extension glue…..get acetone at a beauty supply store (it CANNOT be plain nail polish remover, it MUST be 100% PURE ACETONE) put it in a non-plastic bowl…try a ceramic bowl. (it can damage plastic). Take your fingers and dip them in the acetone and gently roll the bond with your fingers…the bond should quickly start dissolving and falling apart. I know it sounds really gross, but hey we were all kids once…roll the bond as if you were rolling a booger or something between your fingers  haha everyone laughs when I say that but they know exactly what I am talking about! Anyways, make sure you put enough acetone on your fingers and roll the bonds. It may take you about an hour or two, but it will all come out. I promise. Just please have patience or ask a friend for help so you don’t rip out your hair! Ps: the acetone will not damage your hair at all, I have bleach blonde platinum hair and it has never damaged my hair or dried it out in all the years I have had extensions. Good luck and please be gentle!Removing Hair Extensions!!?
i just took out my nieces extensions with plain VEGETABLE OIL worked like a charm... no pain what so ever.... just drench the the part where they applied the glue with the oil and ';viola';.....easy as 1 2 3

Report Abuse



why would you want to pay all kinds of money for hair extensions just to take them out? I would LOVE to have long hair but can't afford them. If they look bad, go back to the stylist who put them in and insist they fix them until you're satisfied. Or they could remove them for you whatever you prefer.
try going to a hair salon sorry I dont really know
hmmm I dont really know what to say except you need to go to the hair stylist. You might mess up your hair if you dont.
well in order to do that you have to let the conditioner sit for about 30 minutes on damp hair..... not WET HAIR!!! the key to letting this work is patience. sooo go to a near by hair store and get a bottle of moisture plus conditioner from MOTIONS and let it sit for a while. ok hope i helped!


always with love-mrz.lavette SMOOCHES!!!!!! MUAH!!!!
Vaseline may work, but for the safety for your hair you probably want to call the stylist who did it to see what she recommends. I've had one glued in weave in my life and when my stylist removed it herself it came out easily and thankfully w/ no pain. If you ever change your mind and get extensions again try a sewn-in with a net. Its healthier for your hair and scalp than the chemical glue bonding.

2 comments: